Right now I'm reading...


Right now I'm reading... Taylor Swift: The Whole Story by Chas Newkey-Burden.

Thursday 1 August 2013

Working It Out by Nicola May.

I loved the concept of this book, the main character, Ruby Matthews decides to spend a year trying out a different job each month in order to hopefully find her 'dream' career.  In the process she tries out a whole variety of jobs and meets lots of different characters.

This is a very quick and easy read.  I liked the character of Ruby, she seemed very normal, fun loving, and brave too.  All her friends were warm, very readable characters.  This book might have lacked the emotion of other chick-lit books as it seemed to gloss over everything quite quickly rather than the characters spending a lot of time analysing their feelings, but this made it a fun, breezy book to read.

I'll be reading The Bow Wow Club, the next Nicola May book to feature Ruby for sure.

Title: Working It out
Author: Nicola May

No comments: