Right now I'm reading...


Right now I'm reading... Taylor Swift: The Whole Story by Chas Newkey-Burden.

Sunday 4 August 2013

The Sea Sisters by Lucy Clarke.

I really enjoyed reading this book.  I was intrigued from the start and didn't want to put the book down, in fact I read over half of it in one sitting.

The story is one that if I'm honest I wasn't that interested in from reading the back page blurb, but as soon as I started reading I was hooked.  The characters are very strong and there are so many twists and turns in the plot that I was constantly left wondering what would happen next.  The mystery in this book remained a mystery right up until the end, and there were constant surprises throughout reading.

The relationships between all the characters, the sisters especially, were deep and I was drawn into the many levels of emotion and expectation running through them.

I would definitely recommend this book, thoroughly enjoyable and ever so slightly addictive.

The back page blurb:
Two sisters, one life-changing journey…There are some currents in the relationship between sisters that run so dark and so deep, it’s better for the people swimming on the surface never to know what’s beneath …Katie’s carefully structured world is shattered by the news that her headstrong younger sister, Mia, has been found dead in Bali – and the police claim it was suicide. With only the entries of Mia’s travel journal as her guide, Katie retraces the last few months of her sister’s life, and – page by page, country by country – begins to uncover the mystery surrounding her death. What she discovers changes everything. But will her search for the truth push their sisterly bond – and Katie – to breaking point? The Sea Sisters is a compelling story of the enduring connection between sisters.

Title: The Sea Sisters
Author: Lucy Clarke

No comments: