Right now I'm reading...


Right now I'm reading... Taylor Swift: The Whole Story by Chas Newkey-Burden.

Sunday 15 June 2014

Excess All Areas by Mandy Baggot.

This was a fabulously fun read.  I've only read one other book by Mandy Baggot, Made In Nashville.  I loved that one and I love this one too.  Right from the start you'll be swept away with the romance of the story, and I fell in love with Freya, the main character, from the first pages.  I was right behind her and had my fingers crossed that everything would work out for her.  She was so very normal, and loveable, that I could really relate to her and all her insecurities.

As Freya escapes her good-for-nothing boyfriend by running away to see her best friend, Emma, who lives in Corfu, she meets Hollywood film star Nicholas and gets swept off her feet.

There is so much more to this story than a fluffy romance, the story is full of mystery, with Freya's past being a secret that only her and Emma are aware of.  And then when you're least expecting it, Nicholas shocks the reader with a secret of his own.

I can't help but get completely swept away with Mandy Baggot's writing, the story was so romantic, it really does give you that warm fuzzy feeling as you're reading, and makes for a story that you just can't put down.  Think perfect chick-lit with a hint of extra magic.

The back page blurb:
When the going gets tough Freya Johnson gets going! 
Humiliated by her boyfriend the day she turns thirty, Freya boards a last minute flight to Corfu to visit her best friend Emma. Little does she know - this holiday will change her life forever. 
Enter Hollywood film star Nicholas Kaden whose entourage is stirring up the village of Kassiopi while filming his new movie. He’s hot, he’s unexpectedly different, but is he for real? 
Caught up in a media frenzy, feeling unwelcome and uncomfortable in Nicholas’ movie world, Freya battles with the ghosts of her past and the uncertainty of her future. Can she help Emma, keep her own big secret and find out what Nicholas is hiding, before she feels the urge to run away again?


Title: Excess All Areas
Author: Mandy Baggot

2 comments:

Mandy said...

Thank you so much for this wonderful review! I'm so glad you enjoyed Freya and Nicholas' story! This was my very first novel and has a special place in my heart!

Mandy x

Mandy said...

Thank you for this lovely review, Natalie! I'm so glad you enjoyed the book!

Mandy