Right now I'm reading...


Right now I'm reading... Taylor Swift: The Whole Story by Chas Newkey-Burden.

Friday 23 August 2013

One Hundred Names by Cecelia Ahern.

I really enjoyed reading this book.  I loved the main character, Kitty, who was going through a difficult time to say the least but despite her being in a situation that I would never be in myself, I could really relate to her.

The story of the 'One Hundred Names' was intriguing.  I thought I had an idea of what the theme of the 'finished article' could be at several points throughout the book but I was constantly doubting myself so it made an interesting read.

The variety of characters Kitty meets is really interesting, and in a way it opened my eyes to the stories hidden behind strangers we pass in the street.

This is a heart-warming book that is full of interest.  There are a lot of characters but unlike other books I've read with so many characters being referred to throughout the story, in this book I didn't find myself getting lost and confused.  I simply found all the characters likeable and enjoyed the variety they brought to the story.
This is my favourite Cecelia Ahern book to date; it was thoroughly enjoyable.

The back page blurb:
Journalist Kitty Logan’s career has been destroyed by scandal, and she now faces losing the woman who guided her and taught her everything she knew. At her mentor’s bedside, Kitty asks her – what is the one story she always wanted to write?
The answer lies in a file buried in Constance’s office: a list of one hundred names. There is no synopsis, no explanation, nothing else to explain what the story is or who these people are. The list is simply a mystery.
But before Kitty can talk to her friend, it is too late.
With everything to prove, Kitty is assigned the most important task of her life – to write the story her mentor never had the opportunity to. Kitty has to not only track down and meet the people on the list, but find out what connects them. And, in the process of hearing ordinary people’s stories, she uncovers Constance’s – and starts to understand her own…

Title: One Hundred Names
Author: Cecelia Ahern

No comments: