Right now I'm reading...


Right now I'm reading... Taylor Swift: The Whole Story by Chas Newkey-Burden.

Saturday 1 December 2012

With Love At Christmas by Carole Matthews.

...a book about family and friendship, I absolutely adored it.

In the past I have read one book by an author, enjoyed it, gone on to read more and been disappointed   So when I read 'The Only Way Is Up' by Carole Matthews earlier this year and loved it, I went out and bought a few more of her books but never got round to reading them.  I picked this one up hoping that I would enjoy it just as much; and I did, this is a wonderful book.  In fact it's now up there as one of my two favourite books of the year.

The story is a wonderful Christmas tale, but it's more than just a fluffy Christmas book; you'll read about life, death, births, marriages, illness but mostly it's a book about family and friendship; I absolutely adored it.

Carole's writing is beautifully detailed, she pulls you straight into the story and I felt just like I was there with the Joyce family sharing their Christmas.  I found myself unable to put the book down, but the more I read, the more I worried that I was just getting nearer the end... and I didn't want the pleasure of reading this book to stop.

I really would recommend this book, it's the perfect Christmas read and will take you on a rollercoaster of emotions.  On one page I was having to read the words through tears of sadness, before the next page literally had my laughing out loud.

I never read books more than once but this may become the exception to the rule, I can imagine snuggling up with this book every Christmas, a brilliant way to start the season.

Title: With Love At Christmas
Author: Carole Matthews

No comments: