Right now I'm reading...


Right now I'm reading... Taylor Swift: The Whole Story by Chas Newkey-Burden.

Saturday 15 December 2012

The Perks Of Being A Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky.

This was a very interesting book.  It's written from the perspective of a teenage boy.  It takes a few pages to get used to the style of writing but much like when I read 'Room' by Emma Donaghue, you quickly get used to it.  There are a lot of 'he said', 'she said' sentences but these add to the chatty style of the book.

It's only a short book, written in a series of letters.  To be honest I never understood who these were too (maybe that's just me) but it didn't stop me enjoying it.  The style of the book was quite refreshing and it was a page-turner.

I knew that there has been a film made of this book, and although I haven't watched it, I knew which actors played the characters and could easily visualise them in the book.  I would love to watch the film now, I'm really interested to see how the story is interpreted.

Title: The Perks Of Being A Wallflower
Author: Stephen Chbosky

No comments: