Right now I'm reading...


Right now I'm reading... Taylor Swift: The Whole Story by Chas Newkey-Burden.

Sunday 11 November 2012

The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern.

It might be a bit cliche to call a book about a circus 'magical' but it really was.  I loved this book.  It was totally different to anything I've read before, taking you into a world where magic exists, but not in a cheesy way; there are no witches on broomsticks and wizards in big hats; this books takes you into a wonderfully described wonderland of a circus, a place you could only ever dream of being.

I have never read a book I have been so desperate to see made into a film.  The magnificent detail of the circus would be amazing to see in film.  I imagine it being a 'Tim Burton type film' a little bit whacky and full of life. The contrasts of the black and white circus would be amazing brought to life in a film, and I would love to meet the characters on film.

This is ultimately a love story, but I was so intrigued in 'the challenge' that the love story just felt like a little extra.

I got a little bit confused by the dates on each chapter, but I always get muddled by numbers and dates so that's just me!

If the circus were real I would most certainly be a reveur and follow it around wherever it went, possibly becoming a little obsessed with it.

Would recommend this book to anyone, and if you're from Hollywood - please hurry up and make it into a film.

Title: The Night Circus
Author: Erin Morgenstern
Genre: Fantasy

No comments: