Right now I'm reading...


Right now I'm reading... Taylor Swift: The Whole Story by Chas Newkey-Burden.

Saturday 15 February 2014

Fractured by Dani Atkins.

I'd heard some really good things about this book, and I can now say they were all true.

We meet Rachel who after waking up from a concussion and realises life is not at all as she remembers it.  I don't want to say too much because I really loved the fact that I was reading this book without any idea where the story was going.  But I can say that the characters in this book are wonderful.  Straight away I was on Rachel's side, willing things to turn out well for her, she's such a realistic character, and remains so despite the very unusual situation she finds herself in.  Her relationship with Jimmy is so special and you see her ride so many emotions during it.

I loved how believable this book was.  There was a real mystery running right through the story, and I genuinely had no idea how the book would end.  And when I got to the ending it was gripping: I got lost in every word.

If you're looking for something a little bit different from your plain old ordinary chick-lit then I would recommend Fractured.  Full of lovely characters this story will keep you guessing and turning pages right up until the end. 

The back page blurb:
What would you do if life gave you a second chance?
The night of the accident changed everything... Now, five years on, Rachel's life is crumbling. She lives alone in a tiny flat, working in a dead-end job, desperate with guilt over her best friend's death. She would give anything to turn back the clock. But life doesn't work like that... Does it?
The night of the accident was a lucky escape... Now, five years on, Rachel's life is perfect. She has a wonderful fiancĂ©, loving family and friends around her, and the career she always wanted. But why can't Rachel shake the memory of a very different life?

Title: Fractured
Author: Dani Atkins

No comments: