Right now I'm reading...


Right now I'm reading... Taylor Swift: The Whole Story by Chas Newkey-Burden.

Tuesday 25 February 2014

A Hundred Pieces Of Me by Lucy Dillon.

A beautiful and inspirational book.

When I first got this book I was bowled over by how beautiful the cover was but the story inside is much more wonderful.

When reading A Hundred Pieces Of Me you will enter Gina's world whilst she is coming to the end of a divorce and about to begin a new life on her own.  As someone who has been through so much in her life, Gina's positive outlook is in inspiration and I felt instantly drawn to her character.  Like all the characters in this book, she had real depth, and truly felt like someone I would love to know in real life.  For fans of Lucy Dillon's writing we meet Rachel again, who returns from Lost Dog and Lonely Hearts, I love it when we get to meet a loveable character again.  But you'll also meet Gina's friends new characters Nick and Naomi.

I truly couldn't put this book down and was reading another few pages at every opportunity I got.  Despite loving this book I'm finding it quite hard to explain exactly why, all I can say is there was something magical about it, that meant reading it made me feel truly calm and swept away into a different world.

This is really a story of hope and realising that all is not lost even when you think it is.  There is a beautiful sense of romance and optimism that will keep you turning pages.

I would most definitely recommend.

The back page blurb:
Letters from the only man she's ever loved.
A keepsake of the father she never knew.
Or just a beautiful glass vase that catches the light, even on a grey day.
If you had the chance to make a fresh start, what would you keep from your old life? What would you give away?
Gina Bellamy is starting again, after a difficult few years she'd rather forget. But the belongings she's treasured for so long just don't seem to fit who she is now.
So Gina makes a resolution. She'll keep just a hundred special items - the rest can go.
But that means coming to terms with her past and learning to embrace the future, whatever it might bring . . .

Title: A Hundred Pieces Of Me
Author: Lucy Dillon
Release date: 27 February 2014
Buy A Hundred Pieces of Me

No comments: