Right now I'm reading...


Right now I'm reading... Taylor Swift: The Whole Story by Chas Newkey-Burden.

Sunday 1 September 2013

Three Little Words by Jessica Thompson.

I just have to start by saying I am totally in love with the cover of this book.  I just adore it, and if I'm not looking at it myself then I'm making other people look at it.  It's just so dreamy and fresh.

I really really enjoyed this book.  It's refreshingly different from other books I've read, and not like anything I was imagining the book to be. I think like most people may do I associated 'Three Little Words' with the classic 'I Love You', a fair assumption for a chick-lit read I reckon, but this story is so much more than that.  Right at the start of the book there is a very dramatic event which totally throws all ideas I had about the feel of the book out of the window, and straight away I was hooked.

I travelled with the characters on their emotional journeys, some parts of which were heart-warming, some of which were just heartbreaking but it was such a compelling read.  I loved how the three separate storylines came together at the end and I was shocked to learn how all the characters lives were woven together; I was not expecting what I read at all which is really refreshing in a book.

There are so many strong characters in 'Three Little Words', but my favourite is Bryony.  She is so strong and it is impossible to read this book without feeling so much compassion for her as she struggles through a terrible situation.

I adore books that make me think and this one did just that.  The conflicting points of view between 'offender' and 'victim' were so interesting; their perspective on events is so totally different yet you feel and relate to both parties.  Just how much you are drawn to both characters viewpoint I think this is a reflection of just how strong the writing is.  I've never read a Jessica Thompson book before, I was will definitely be doing so again.

The back page blurb:
They are just words but they mean so much.
As a dark evening draws in, the lives of three women are changed forever.
The worlds they have been living in, the people they thought they knew - in an instant it all changes.
But when everything seems to shatter around them, could three little words be enough to help put the pieces back together again? 


Title: Three Little Words
Author: Jessica Thompson

No comments: