Right now I'm reading...


Right now I'm reading... Taylor Swift: The Whole Story by Chas Newkey-Burden.

Sunday 15 September 2013

I Heart London by Lindsey Kelk.

I absolutely love the I Heart series, it's one of my all time favourite book series.  And I think this is one of the best books in the series.

We see the fabulous Angela Clark return back home to London and in true Angela style nothing ever goes quite as planned. I loved how totally 'English' Angela's parents were and they seemed quite calm about the fact that their house was completely taken over by Americans. 

I love Angela; she is so clumsy, funny and insecure about so many things, so basically she's just wonderfully normal.  But mostly she's someone I would love to be friends with.  I can see us both enjoying a trip to the zoo with a bag full of Monster Munch to keep us going.

This book sees all of the favourite characters getting back together, from the ever so slightly neurotic Jenny, to the lovely laid back Alex.  

You could easily read this book on it's own if you have not read any of the other books in the I Heart series but I would strongly recommend that you start at I Heart New York and work your way through the series. You'll learn a bit about each country, get whisked away in romance and will become just a little bit obsessed with getting your very own Marc Jacobs handbag. Trust me.

If you read this book you will giggle, be shocked at some of the twists, but most of all you will get the warm fuzzy feeling that all I Heart books leave you with.  Thank goodness I know I Heart Christmas will be out before the end of the year... I will never tire of reading books about Angela.  Finger's crossed we can grow old together, can't wait to read how much havoc she could cause in an old folks home!

The back page blurb:
Angela’s back on home turf – and in her biggest romantic scrape yet…
Angela Clark has fallen in love with New York – and it’s starting to love her back.
But when she’s summoned home to London, she’s at risk of losing her shiny new life to never-ending English rain, warm beer and bad memories. Talk about stepping back in time
There’s Mark, the ex-boyfriend – who she ran to New York to get away from.
There’s Louisa, her best friend, with her terrifying new baby.
And there’s her mum, still talking to her as though she’s fifteen.
Now there’s a wedding in the offing – and everyone remembers how well Angela behaved at the last one. . . Can the arrival of boyfriend Alex and best friend Jenny save her from a re-run of her old self?

Title: I Heart London
Author: Lindsey Kelk
I Heart Series #5

No comments: