Right now I'm reading...


Right now I'm reading... Taylor Swift: The Whole Story by Chas Newkey-Burden.

Sunday 15 September 2013

Me & You by Claudia Carroll.

When I started reading this book I had 
no idea what it was about, and this was part of how much I enjoyed it so I don't want to give anything away.  Let's just say that the book begins with Kitty's disappearance and I had no idea whether this would be resolved as easily as a quick 'Ooops sorry I'm late' or if it would develop into a more sinister storyline.  The not knowing was great and the beginning of the book really keeps your interest.

I loved the two main characters of Angie and Kitty.  There relationship was so strong it was lovely to read about, and each of them on their own were such likeable, quirky characters.    I particularly loved the characters of Jack Crown, reading about him I picture a very hunky man indeed and I like the strong name.

If I had to criticise this book I would say that I did find the story a bit long, there was a point in the book when I felt it could have finished and it would have ended well but instead the story continued for about another hundred pages.

It was a lovely read though; entertaining and interesting all the way through and packed full of very likeable characters.  Despite dealing at times with some difficult topics, the book had a very positive feel and the characters empowered themselves making this a very enjoyable and positive book to read.

The back page blurb:
“I’m fine. I’m sorry. Please take care of him for me. And maybe one day I’ll get to explain.”
Angie knows a lot about her best friend Kitty. She knows Kitty is mad and wild and loves to wear clashing colours. She knows she’s incredibly funny and generous but also very unreliable. And she knows that there is a perfect explanation for Kitty standing her up on her birthday. She thinks she knows everything about Kitty, except she doesn’t.
Kitty knows that she is the happiest she has ever been. She knows she’s so lucky to have a lovely boyfriend, Simon and a best friend like Angie. But what she doesn’t know is that on this night, her past is finally going to catch up with her and change everything.

Title: Me & You
Author: Claudia Carroll

No comments: