Right now I'm reading...


Right now I'm reading... Taylor Swift: The Whole Story by Chas Newkey-Burden.

Saturday 13 July 2013

About A Girl by Lindsey Kelk.

I'm a huge Lindsey Kelk fan, her writing is always really funny, warm and it's addictive - I can never stop reading her books once I've started them.  And I'm so happy to see that this book marks the beginning of a new series,because I'm totally hooked on the 'I Heart' series, and I have a feeling this one will be just as good.

This book is set in Hawaii which sounds just as dreamy as I would imagine it to be.  I love the main character Tess, despite being in a slightly crazy situation, she seems so normally and I'd love to think we would be friends in real life (oh, if only Lindsey's books were real - life would be so much more fun.)

The writing is chocked full of hilarious one-liners, of which one of my favourite, without giving any of the story away, has to be: "Oh my God, your life is turning into a Taylor Swift song.  This is amazing." Love it!

If you like chick-lit then this book is for you, it's full of strong characters, laugh out loud moments, amazing settings, romance and strong friendships.  I particular love the character Al and his relationship with Tess.

The worse thing about this book is that I have to wait until the next book to continue Tess' story... I'm desperate to know what happens but the next installment in the series won't be published until next year.  Let the countdown begin...

Oh, and just so you know vampires and werewolves are out; it's all about #TeamCharlie v's #TeamNick.  And I'm #TeamNick all the way.

Title: About A Girl
Author: Lindsey Kelk
About A Girl Series #1

No comments: