Right now I'm reading...


Right now I'm reading... Taylor Swift: The Whole Story by Chas Newkey-Burden.

Tuesday 1 January 2013

Chocolate Shoes and Wedding Blues by Trisha Ashley.

Like other Trisha Ashley books I would say this one was slow to begin with, but by about half way through the story had developed enough to make it a pleasant read.

The characters are quite plain and the story is not interesting enough to make this a page turner - despite the fact that there was promise of a family secret being revealed at the end of the book.

There's nothing wrong with this book, it's a perfectly good read but it just lacked that something special that makes a truly good chick-lit book.

Incidentally this was the 51st book I read in 2012 bringing me to a much higher total than I had anticipated that I would read, my challenge being 35 books over the year.  I have enjoyed my reading challenge more than I ever imagined I would, especially sharing books and recommendations with friends, work colleagues and the Twittersphere.  Here's to much more reading in 2013!

Title: Chocolate Shoes and Wedding Blues
Author: Trisha Ashley

No comments: