Right now I'm reading...


Right now I'm reading... Taylor Swift: The Whole Story by Chas Newkey-Burden.

Saturday 12 January 2013

Oranges Are Not The Only Fruit by Jeanette Winterson.

This book was recommended to me and although it isn't the usual type of book I would read I thought I would give it a go.

Unfortunately I didn't find it that interesting.  Maybe the hype I had heard upped my expectations too much, but I just found the story a little dull.  It seemed to jump around from Jeanette being a child to an adult very quickly, without much explanation.

I can obviously appreciate how religious her mother was, but I would have liked the book to conveyed how restricting this was to Jeanette in just a little bit more detail.

Obviously this book was popular enough to be made into a BBC television drama, but it just wasn't for me.

Title: Oranges Are Not The Only Fruit
Author: Jeanette Winterson

No comments: