Right now I'm reading...


Right now I'm reading... Taylor Swift: The Whole Story by Chas Newkey-Burden.

Thursday 13 September 2012

I did it! 35 books in a year...

At the beginning of this year, and having read a couple of good books I realised I should start to make time for reading again, and so I set myself a challenge of reading 35 books in 2012.
I finished this goal on September 8th.  I wasn't sure if I would read that many in a year, let alone in nine months, but I have to admit I have become a bit of a bookworm.  It's been interested to read different styles of book and have enjoyed sharing books with other people, getting and giving recommendations, and love it when I read a good book that I can pass onto a friend.

I always used to think that reading was a lonely hobby, but over the course of this challenge I have realised how wrong I was.  I have shared a love of reading with friends, swapping books and recommendations.  Once I mention my reading challenge people are quick to list all the books I 'must' read.  I've enjoying sharing good books on Twitter and Goodreads, have started visiting the library again.  The charity shops in my local town must have seen their takings go up quite a bit because I now have a slight obsession with buying books, and cannot pass a charity shop without popping in to check out the bookshelf!


One of my favourites, White Wedding
I have piles of books at home, some borrowed from friends, some of my favourites that I want to keep, and most waiting to be read.  I really like finishing one book and getting to choose which book to read next!

Over the course of my challenge I've read some great books, my favourites of the year so far are Me Before You by Jojo Moyes, which I could happily read over and over again; and White Wedding by Milly Johnson which is lovely funny book.


Another favourite, Me Before You
There are some I wish I hadn't read (The Big Year by Mark Obmascik) comes to mind, but most of all I've enjoyed the books I've read and now have a list of authors whose books I seem to be collecting and they sit grouped together on my bookshelves... Emily Giffin, Milly Johnson, Jojo Moyes, Marian Keyes, Cecila Ahern and Carole Matthews to name a few!

I've joined in with the Shades of Grey phenomena and couldn't quite believe how many people were all reading and talking about the same books.

So after a lot of hours reading, I can see my new hobby continuing to grow bigger and bigger as I read more books, and come to love more authors.  And I've also loved sharing my books on here, so thank you for reading my little snippets and sharing your books with me too xxx

No comments: