Right now I'm reading...


Right now I'm reading... Taylor Swift: The Whole Story by Chas Newkey-Burden.

Sunday 9 September 2012

Before The Poison by Peter Robinson.

I had been looking forward to reading this book for quite a while and once I finally got my hands on a copy I was excited to read it straight away.

I was disappointed.

Having heard good things about the DCI Banks books, and enjoying the T.V. programme I was hoping this book, although not in the DCI Banks series, would be just as good.  

Unfortunately I found there to be no real mystery keeping me interested in the story.  It was simply the story of a man looking back at an old crime, and not a very exciting one at that.  I was expected a lot of drama, twists and turns and probably a dead body - given that the cover shows a dead girl (there is not a hint of a dead girl in this book by the way so I've no idea why it's there!).  All in all, I wouldn't recommend this one, as quite frankly, not a lot happened.

Title: Before The Poison
Author: Peter Robinson

No comments: