Right now I'm reading...


Right now I'm reading... Taylor Swift: The Whole Story by Chas Newkey-Burden.

Wednesday 19 June 2013

When She Woke by Hillary Jordan.

I was really intrigued by the concept of this book.  It was easy to pick up the rules of this 'new' society and the story was everything I expected from reading the blurb on the back of the book.

Hannah is quite a strong character but I would have liked to get to know other characters a little bit more.  Hannah's sister was in interesting circumstances and I would have liked to see what happened with her.  There was just something lacking with Hannah and her story as I didn't have the 'page-turning', 'can't put the book down' feeling that I get when reading some other books.

I only gave this book four stars as I was a little disappointed with the ending, it ever so slightly felt like when I was at school and I struggled to think of any endings to my stories other than "and then she woke up and it was all a dream".  I would have liked a little bit more detail regarding Hannah's transition, how it happened, what happened to her 'after'.

It's an interesting read, the concepts of chroming and how it is a punishment for crime are well thought out and quite believable but I would have like to become more attached to the characters.

Title: When She Woke
Author: Hillary Jordan

No comments: