Right now I'm reading...


Right now I'm reading... Taylor Swift: The Whole Story by Chas Newkey-Burden.

Saturday 29 June 2013

The Fault In Our Stars by John Green.

I loved this book.  It's one of my favourites of the year so far.

I borrowed it from a friend and didn't even read the 'blurb' on the back before I started reading and I'm glad I didn't.  It is a love story but one in which all the main characters are suffering from Cancer.  I think if I had read the blurb first I may have been a bit put off thinking that I was about to pick up a very depressing book.

While this is a sad story and I did spend probably the last third of the book crying whilst I read; it's also one of the most uplifting books I've read.  Even when dealing the issues of death somehow the writing is comforting.  The story is quite philosophical in parts which was really interesting; I love books which make me think.

The characters in this book are strong, likeable and very normal. There is much more to the story than the Cancer which affects the characters.  I really enjoyed the relationship between the three main characters, Hazel, Gus and their friend Isaac.  I also loved the relationship between Hazel and her parents.

This was a brilliant book which I didn't want to put down.  Thought provoking, charming and absorbing.  I would definitely recommend it.

Title: The Fault In Our Stars
Author: John Green

No comments: