Right now I'm reading...


Right now I'm reading... Taylor Swift: The Whole Story by Chas Newkey-Burden.

Thursday 10 October 2013

Confessions Of A Shopaholic by Sophie Kinsella.

I loved this book.  I have to admit I'm a bit of a shopping addict, especially where books are concerned.  My brain really doesn't comprehend that I can ever have too many books.  Luckily I can control myself a little bit better than Rebecca can.  I absolutely love the way that she talks herself into buying things she really doesn't need or that aren't good value, getting tempted by things like Boots Advantage Points or Sale signs.

I found the character of Rebecca to be very likeable. She is always getting herself into ridiculous situations as she doesn't seem able to say when she's wrong, instead she creates hilarious white lies to cover up her shortfalls.

I thought the book would be more romantic than it was.  There is a love interest in the end but the main part of the story, as the title suggests, is about shopping - a pretty good subject for chick-lit really!

This was a really easy read of a book.  Absolutely perfect for when you want a funny, easy to read book.  Now I just have to read the others in the series...

The back page blurb:
Meet Rebecca Bloomwood.
She's a journalist. She spends her working life telling others how to manage their money.
She spends her leisure time ... shopping.
Retail therapy is the answer to all her problems. She knows she should stop, but she can't. She tries Cutting Back, she tries Making More Money. But neither seems to work. The stories she concocts become more and more fantastic as she tries to untangle her increasingly dire financial difficulties. Her only comfort is to buy herself something - just a little something...
Can Becky ever escape from this dream world, find true love, and regain the use of her Switch card?

Title: Confessions Of A Shopaholic (previously published as The Secret Dreamworld of a Shopaholic).
Author: Sophie Kinsella

No comments: