Right now I'm reading...


Right now I'm reading... Taylor Swift: The Whole Story by Chas Newkey-Burden.

Saturday 18 May 2013

I Heart Paris by Lindsey Kelk.

The third book in the 'I Heart...' series sees Angela and Alex take a 'working' trip to Paris.  As ever Angela's trip is full of drama, self-doubt and a lot of clumsiness, but what makes these books so endearing is that Angela's so relateable, and the writing is so funny.

Angela's best friend Jenny, who I love, doesn't play a big role in this book which is a shame, but there are new characters to keep your interest and the relationship between Angela and Alex is examined in more detail than the other books.

I expected to like this book more than I Heart New York and I Heart Hollywood simply because I visited Paris earlier this year and hoped I would recognise some of the places Angela visits.  But I didn't find this made me like the book anymore than the others which I think is a strength of the series in general as you don't have to have visited, or even have any interest in, the places where the stories are set; the writing pulls you into the heart of the story, and the setting is just an interesting extra detail.

I love this series of books.  Now I've finished the third book I'm actually getting a bit worried that I only have two books left to read.

As always with the 'I Heart' series there is a helpful guide to the title city at the back of the book.  And with that thought I'm off to read the guide for Vegas in the next book.  I'm saving the actual book to read on my flight... to Vegas... excited :)

Title: I Heart Paris
Author: Lindsey Kelk
I Heart Series #3

Have a peek at my reviews for:
I Heart New York
I Heart Hollywood

No comments: