Right now I'm reading...


Right now I'm reading... Taylor Swift: The Whole Story by Chas Newkey-Burden.

Thursday 18 April 2013

Silver Linings Playbook by Matthew Quick.

This book reminded me of The Perks Of Being A Wallflower, although I have to say I preferred Wallflower.  
It's a story of a Pat who has bipolar disorder and his journey as he leaves his care home 'the bad place' and returns to his family home.

There are lots of interesting characters in this book but a bit too much emphasis on the details of football matches that Pat took an interest in, because I couldn't take less of an interest in them if I tried.

I did find the plot a little predictable but it was still an okay read, and is only a short book.

There has been a film adaptation of this book which is next on my list to watch.

Title: The Silver Linings Playbook
Author: Matthew Quick

1 comment:

Bookboodle said...

I watched the DVD last night, the first 10-15 minutes bored me to death but then the book goes out the window and I thought it got better from then and I quite enjoyed the rest :)