Right now I'm reading...


Right now I'm reading... Taylor Swift: The Whole Story by Chas Newkey-Burden.

Sunday 7 July 2013

Billy Connolly's Route 66 by Billy Connolly.

It's always been a dream of mine to travel along Route 66 and watching Billy Connolly's three part TV series about his journey
along the famous road only inspired me more so I was keen to read the book too.

I really enjoyed this book, it made a refreshing change to read something factual as I'm a fiction fan most of the time.

Billy writes as if he's telling you the story of his journey in a very chatty manner, sometimes going off topic when he gets excited (or annoyed!) by a particular subject.  I really liked how Billy came across in the book, he seems like a really genuine guy with some strong, honest values.  But I have to admit that he may have put a damper on my dream of travelling The Mother Road, but only because he is honest about how much some of the towns along the route have declined since the road's hey-day.

There are photographs throughout the book and I really enjoyed seeing images of the places I'd read being described, it really brought the stories to life.

This book is packed full of facts and figures, history and most of all real human-interest stories; something for everyone I think.

Title: Billy Connolly's Route 66
Author: Billy Connolly

No comments: